Thursday, April 19, 2012

1st Grade Field Trip to The Zoo

I will be honest and say that I am not a fan of the zoo. 1st I think all zoos should have alligators and ours doesn't I really hate the huge hill and for the most part it is just hot and it is hard to see the animals. So until this year I haven't been to the zoo since I was pregnant with Ryan. Although I had the opportunity to go with Ryan's class. He wanted me to go on the bus with him but his class ended up having about 15 parents volunteer. I told him that Cameron and I would meet him at the zoo and just walk around with him. He liked that idea so that is what we did. Although when I got there they had some parents fall though so I got paired up with another mom and we had a group of boys. Since it was April it was getting pretty hot outside.
We had 5 boys in our group six if you count Cameron.
The kids loved the tractors
Cameron was trying to figure out how to get up on that tractor.
Ryan thought the cow was pretty cool.
Cameron finally got a turn on the tractor
If you know Ryan you know how big this is. He went and got a brush and decided to go and brush the "animal". He wasn't scared at all he thought that it was great.
Cameron is my animal kid but he wasn't sure about the animals.
I love this kids toothless grin
The other mom that was in my group was a life saver. Our group was pretty pooped and we still had like 45 minuets before we had to be back at the bus. She said that they have a special zoo membership and she thought she could get our entire group on the train ride. I was shocked that it worked but very grateful. I was so tired and it was getting so hot. I am in love with this train from now on. If we go to the zoo we can do the train ride and then just do a few things.

 Ryan was super excited to go on the train
Mommy and Cameron thought the train was great.
Our group was the 1st ones back at the bus. The other mom that was with me didn't ride the bus so I told her that I would stay here with our group on the bus and she could go. The bus driver asked Cameron if he wanted to come on. He was so excited he went and found Ryan who was sitting in the very back and I told him he could only stay till the other kids got there then we had to go back to our car. He was okay with that.
We barley made it to the freeway and he was passed out with my water dang kid.

No comments:

Post a Comment