Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Mommy and the ER

I got to spend most of yesterday in the ER and you can guess how much fun that was. I had gotten an IUD on the 4th and started bleeding almost as bad as I was when I was pregnant with Emily. I had been doing this for almost a week and finally called my doctor thinking something was wrong. My body doesn't do good with much of anything. After the nurse yelled at me for waiting to call for so long she said that she was calling the ER and telling them I was on my way. Well that wasn't going to happen super fast cuz I had a 2 month old and a 3 year old that I had to do something with. Linda is at Shelleys and so I called my Gma and she came over so that she would be home with the kids and would be here when Ryan got home.
The ER was SUPER busy and I ended up waiting a while a very long while. Blaine had three days of school left and no more time where he could miss school. So I was at the hospital alone and for the most part I was okay with that. Blaine told his teacher what was going on so he kept texting me and normally at school that isn't allowed. One nice thing is a guy in our ward works in the ER and noticed I was alone so he would come and check on me every once in a while. It was very comforting knowing he was there. It took me a while to even remember his name but I had seen him at church so I knew of him at least. I finally remembered his name was Vince Rowley. He would come in and don't worry cuz of HIPPA I can't tell anyone that you are even hear. I didn't care about that but knowing I knew there was a priesthood holder around made me feel better. They couldn't ever really figure out what was wrong they did ultrasound and said that the IUD was still in just a little low but to give it a little more time. I asked them to take it out but the doc was like it has only been in a week just give it a little longer and it will be good. Since I am writing this a month after the fact I can tell you that it didn't get better it got worse.
I ended up going back to my doctor at the end of April and had it taken out and at first they couldn't find it. The IUD had started to go through the wall and she did eventually find it but had to do some digging to get it out. Ya no drugs was not fun but by later that afternoon the pain I was having for the past month was pretty much gone. They figured I was in so much pain all the time because the IUD was irritating me and was going through the wall. The doc said that if I had waited a few more weeks to take it out that I would have had to had surgery to do it. SOOOOOOOO glad that dang thing is out. It didn't work for me . I have had a lot of friends who it has really worked for and I have had a lot of friends that it hasn't I was hoping it would work for me but it didn't so I am back to my friend the ring. I was mostly trying the IUD for convince more than anything. We are both pretty sure that we are done having kids but didn't want to do anything permanent for a year. I have such hard and horrible pregnancy's we just don't feel that I can handle going through another one. We will see how we feel in a year and then talk about what to do then.

No comments:

Post a Comment