Wednesday, December 7, 2011

The Roof

This post is going to be the death of me. I have done this 4 times now because the other three haven't saved. Long story short cuz I am tired of typing it is two weeks before Christmas we had a really nice rain storm. One night before Blaine went to bed he noticed a bubble in the roof next to the TV. Blaine and his dad poked a hole in it to get the water out and let it drain into a bowl. The next day you could see that the drywall was really wet and soggy to the touch. I said a couple of times that is going to fall and when it does I hope my kids are not under it. That night sure enough it fell. Ryan was in bed Gary had gone to do some Christmas shopping Cameron was in the living room watching TV and eating chips Linda was cutting out the bumpers for Gracies cradle and I was sitting at the kitchen table. All of a sudden I hear a woosh and a huge cloud of crap fall to the floor. Yep the ceiling came down along with a ton of insulation. I couldn't see Cameron so I ran into the other room yelling for Cameron. The biggest heaviest part of the dry wall fell less than a foot from Cameron. He was a little freaked out to say the least. We called Danny up from the basement had him call his dad to come home then started to clean stuff up. The the bright idea of this is an old house I wonder if this has asbestos in it. So I left the room. There was so much particles in the air I could feel stuff in my nose and was coughing up a storm. My brother in law came over with his super duty shop vac and plastic to cover the hole to get us through the night.
Funny thing is that the roof was replaced here this summer so it shouldn't of been leaking. Really long story short. Gary called the roofing company they came out a few days later trying to fix it. Said that the leak was from the old AC unit flashing blagh blagh blagh. I am writing this post in February and it still isn't done. They came to fix the leak and said it would be done by Christmas so you know that didn't happen. Cameron didn't like the hole and would run really fast under it to get away. At least it isn't an open hole anymore it is drywalled but that is it.

No comments:

Post a Comment