Sunday, November 6, 2011

25 weeks and 5 days

To most people when they are pregnant this is just another day that you most likely don't even think about. To me this is kind of a milestone. I was 25 weeks and 5 days when Emily was born. I have had mixed emotions for this day with this pregnancy. When I was pregnant with Cameron I knew when the day came but it really didn't affect me the only reason I could think of is because I was having a boy. This time I am having a girl and having been keeping to together I think for the most part. I am happy because I have made it this far. I know that as of right now I am not having the same problems I did with Emily that all stopped at 16 weeks another thing that I am happy for. It is interesting cuz when I talked to the doctor he said that after I hit this point it could go one of two ways. My anxiety would be over cuz I made it this far and everything would be happy and fine. Or the anxiety would stay because this is now uncharted territory with a girl for me. I am trying to hold it together but unfortunately it is number 2. I am happy I have made it this far but at the same time I am more scared now than I was even yesterday. I am doing what the doc said and not holding in how I feel and after all the many years of therapy I have gotten during my life you would think that I would be able to talk about feelings better but not. I do okay when I put it on paper but when it comes to actually talking out loud about what is going on in my head that gets a little harder to do. I know that my experience with Emily was not normal so I am really trying to keep a level head about this but it is hard. Knowing that if Emily wouldn't of gotten my infection at her age and weight she most likely would have been fine just a super preemie is hard to take in sometimes. I get nervous with this pregnancy because baby Gracie is giving me a lot of contractions and I am on moderate bed rest. I don't have to be in bed all the time but I have to limit my activity and how much I sit. My doctor is great he has told me if I want to come in every other week to hear the heart beat I can. So far I am trying not to do that we will see what Friday's ultrasound brings. He has ordered it mostly to make me calm down but also to make sure that I am not dilating. I hope after Friday to calm down a little I guess that is why I have really not wanted to do much today.

2 comments:

  1. I can't imagine the anxiety you must be feeling! You will be in my thoughts and prayers till that Gracie gets here safe and sound. Hang in there. You can do it, and let me know if there is ANYTHING I can do to help...

    ReplyDelete
  2. That all makes total sense to me. Hang in there. Everything will turn out great with this pregnancy, I know it!

    ReplyDelete