Friday, May 6, 2011

Just more questions

I FINALLY went to the gynecologist everyone's favorite place to go. So we went through the fact that some months I have my friend come to visit and sometimes my friend is here for 30 plus days. Well he said that I am messed up. Thanks that makes me feel great. When I was on birth control I would come off like you are suppose to have my period and then would go back on birth control it would end and everything would be fine. Since I have been off of it for a year nothing has been normal. He told me that he doesn't think that I am ovulating he also thinks that the birth control was hiding another problem. He is sending my for an ultrasound because he felt a mass and he wants to rule out a tumor. He is sending me for a bunch of blood work but when it all comes down to it he thinks I have Polycysitic Ovarian Syndrome. He said that as long as the ultrasound comes back okay that he is going to start me on progesterone to try and kick start my hormones back into shape. We will see what that does. I did have a little bit of a freak out this morning since we don't know if the mass is a tumor or not I will feel better after Tuesday. I am trying to stay positive but it is hard sometimes. I guess the good thing is that we are in he process of trying to get things fixed. So that is what we know right now a lot of NOTHING.


So since I have posted this I have done some online reading and talking with my Gma. I am pretty sure that I have PCOS. It isn't uncommon for people to find out later especially when I have been on birth control for so long. The birth control has been hiding it. I was put on BC at 15 to help with cysts. I have been lucky to have the three pregnancies that I have had. I know people who have super bad cases of it and I have friends who have had kids while having PCOS. Found out some things that I need to change one being loose some weight and eat better. I feel a lot better after reading and knowing that is what I have. It describes everything that I am going though all of the symptoms match and everything that the Dr is doing will prove it.

4 comments:

  1. Tiffany, I am so sorry. I hope it's not a tumor. That would just be devastating. I really hope it all works out for you and you get what you want in the end.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry! You will be in my prayers. By the way, I was diagnosed with PCOS...I think my case was pretty mild, but maybe it was just because my endometriosis was my bigger problem. Anyway, I have done the progesterone and it worked fairly well for me. Let me know if you have any questions!

    ReplyDelete
  3. PCOS is what I have. The good thing is that if you are also insulin resistant, they can put you on Metformin, a diabetes medication, and it can regulate you. That's how Blake and Annie came to be!! :) Good luck with the ultrasound...you'd think they'd schedule it sooner so you didn't have to die waiting for four days!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. sorry to hear about your struggles.. its no fun to deal with this stuff no matter what stage of life youre in- whether you've had no kids, or 8, its still frustrating when you are trying.. progesterone is one of things they put me on when they couldnt figure out what was wrong with me.. doctors are so informative sometimes. hopefully they get things figured out for you!

    ReplyDelete