Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Valentines Day


Valentines day this year was kind of a bust. I had just had a baby the week before however I was happy that I wasn't in labor that day since it was Gracies due date. Blaine didn't have school since he had taken 6 weeks off for the baby so it was nice to have him home after work. I didn't have time or energy or idea of what to get Blaine. I saw on Facebook of friends who decorated super cute and made cute stuff for the kids. Yep that didn't happen either. I looked on Pinterest and have lots of cute ideas for stuff that I could do and next year when we are in our own place hopefully I can start some cute little traditions like I see that other people have. Our bishop and his wife try to bring dinner in after you have a baby and they try and to it the night you come home from the hospital. Well I was only in the hospital for 24 hours. Lynda called on Thursday to see if they could bring dinner on Friday. Well my parents ended up coming on Friday so we put it off till the fallowing Tuesday. That ended up being Valentines day so for our romantic dinner the bishop and his wife brought our family Pandas. Ya I know you are jealous it was yummy and next year will be better because I wouldn't of just had a baby and I won't have to have dinner with my inlaws. Although I will say that we never go out on actual Valentines day we normally go the day after or on the 16th since that is my birthday.
My hubby did surprise me however with Sprinkles Cupcakes. I have always wanted to try them and have heard they are super yummy. Blaine drove out to Scottsdale and got me 4 cupcakes. Of course they had a line and they would only let 10 people in the store at a time so the heat of people wouldn't mess up the cup cakes. He got me a Milk Chocolate, Dark Chocolate and Red Velvet. It was worth the trip.
Thanks babe sorry that I didn't get you anything I promise that I will do better next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment