Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Nana and Papa Come to Visit

We where all happy when we found out that both Papa and Nana where able to come and see baby Gracie. I had Grace on Tuesday and Friday night my parents came down from Colorado. This is the soonest they had been able to come down to see any of my babies. They got here pretty late on Friday and since we are living with Blaine's parents my parents went and stayed with my Gma. We went to hang out and wait for them there my Gma had tickets to the Mormon Tabernacle Choir performance so we let the kids stay up late at Gma Birds house. Ryan of course wanted to stay the night since that is where my dad was so we took an air mattress over so he could sleep on that.
Nana with baby Gracie.
Papa Bird with baby Gracie
They did say hi to the boys before they took over the baby so that was good so that the boys didn't get jealous.

Nana and Papa are the greatest. They stopped in Payson to get the boys some really cool noisy trucks that they LOVED!
The boys didn't take long till they got Papa to do what they wanted. Reading stories and trying to stay awake. All of them where super tired especially papa.
We had to take Ryan's bike over to my Gmas on Saturday so he could show Nana that he knows how to ride his bike without training wheels. Papa already found this out the last time he came down.
Cameron had fun playing in his rocks. He did show off his bike ridding skills as well.
Nana wanted to get a picture of Grace and didn't notice her headband. Papa said that it looks like she is ready for the firing squad. Since the band is covering her eyes. Even still she is super cute.
 The boys even got Nana out on the trampoline. They had her going good I think they where out on it for like an hour. Needless to say Nana was pretty pooped after that especially since it was 80 degrees that day and when they left home the day before it was 14 degrees.
How could we not throw in a trip to the park. Ryan was so excited because the week before he had gotten really good on the Monkey Bars. Blaine took my parents to get there car that was getting some work done on it. Yes it was something that most likely Blaine and my dad could have done but my dad wanted to spend time with the kids so they took it to Gunnells instead.
Got to love this little cheese ball. He loves the slides at this park and he wasn't going to be outdone by his brother when it comes to pictures.
Ryan and Nana on the swings
Cameron's first time on the big swing and he loved it.
Cameron loves to swing high. Nana and Papa didn't know this was his first time on the swing so they thought he was a pro since he said he wanted to go higher.


Skyping with her uncle Matt and Dan
Nana and Papa had to leave early Sunday morning to get back home and to beat the huge snow storm that was on there way home. We had dinner after everyone got back from the park and stayed for as long as we could before I was pooped from a crazy weekend and just having a baby 4 days before and knowing that they had to get up early to leave. As I was helping clear the table from dinner my dad had Grace and was singing her songs the same ones he use to so sing to my brother and I and we are going to chalk it up to hormones but I had to stay out of the room because I started bawling my eyes out. She was a little fidgety but as soon as he started to sing to her she calmed right down. I love the way she is just looking at her papa.
Nana had to get some cuddling action in before we tried to pack up to leave.
I wanted to get at picture with all the kids with Nana and Papa. This one turned out good with Ryan and Grace. Cameron hadn't had a nap in three days and it was 10ish or after so he wasn't thrilled about doing pictures.
This is the best one that I could get. Grace is waving Cameron is actually looking at the camera and Ryan is doing his weired face cuz he was trying to look at the camera smile and watch TV all at the same time.
We where so happy that Nana and Papa could come down even though it was a super fast trip and they got stuck in a snow storm on the way home. We can't wait till you come down again in April for Blaine's graduation and Gracies baby blessing.



No comments:

Post a Comment