Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Gpa

No this is not the update that I need to do and there won't be any pictures on this post but I guess I need to vent and since this is kind of a journal I should put everything down. Life has been super crazy the past 12 days or so. Back story Gma went to UT for Kenzie's wedding the last weekend of February. I stayed the night with Gpa so she could go and then she flew home Saturday morning. Normally this wouldn't be that big of a deal but Gpa got sick around midnight or so. It started out him throwing up every 10-15 minuets then the diarrhea started and that came more often. I don't know how he had anything left in him. Gma got home around 11 in the morning he started getting better by that afternoon. The next morning I found out that Gpa was taken to the hospital by ambulance at 4am. They finally decided that he had pneumonia and that they admitted him. Things just started to get bad the next day. Found out he had some sort of infection that he was put into isolation for some days have been better than others. Sunday Blaine and I went and saw him and he had had a lot of visitors and he was still doing better. Monday was a really bad day and I thought well this could be it. Time to move him to a hospice house. Then Tuesday he was doing a little better again. You see Gpa will be 84 in a few weeks and with the medical history that he has and all the problems and pain that he is in no one would blame him for giving up. Things are so bad one day and better the next it is so hard playing this "game" we know that we can't really decide when he will go we all know it will be sooner rather than later but we really wish something would happen already this back in forth is really taking it's toll on everyone but especially Gma. If the surgery for the pacemaker really happens tomorrow hopefully it will do what they all say it will. If it does he will move to a rehab house till he gets his strength back.

1 comment:

  1. My prayers to you and your family. you have an amazing talent for holding everything together and bringing it into order. I know the ups and downs must be hard. Sorry. love to you!

    ReplyDelete