Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Cali 2011

We decided that since Blaine is going back to school that we needed to do something as a family since it won't happen during the summer. We found a great price on tickets for Knotts Berry Farm and Spring Break was the best time to do it.



The first thing the boys found was the swimming pool. Thank goodness for gates.

We invited Blaine's parents and brother Danny to come along with us. Since the girls where on Spring Break as well Linda was able to take a break from the triplets and come along with us. We left on Friday morning and just played around the hotel and then decided to take the boys to the beach for the 1st time. It was cold and super super windy and I thought that they weren't going to have anything to do with the water but I was wrong. They had a blast Cameron wasn't so sure about it but Ryan asked for his swimming suit before we made it to the water. I told him he was crazy it was only 50 outside and the wind chill made it even colder. I told him we would have to come back in the summer time when it is warmer.



Ryan and Grandma as you can see Ryan can't get to the water fast enough.


One happy little boy




I love this picture Cameron wasn't so sure about this water




This is high tide and Ryan was getting a little to far out for comfort for this mom. Little back story when I was little my brother Ryan and I would go to the Oregon coast and we loved it. One day Ryan and I walked a little to far out okay a lot to far out. Ryan was only three I think I was like 5 and we got carried out by a wave we bother were under water and the only way my dad and Gpa got us was by the hood of our jackets. Ever since then I am not a big fan of going very far out in the water. So every once in a while I would scream at Ryan to come back in.


Daddy to the rescue


Danny found this stick and wrote Ryan's name in the sand. Then we gave the stick to Ryan so it looks like he did it. He can write his name but not this neat. I like it because there is a blog that you can write to this lady and she will write the name of a loved one who has died in the sand. So I get the best of both worlds I have my son Ryan and my brother Ryan.


Cameron wasn't sure about the soft sand he didn't mind the wet sand.




Ryan wanted to go and walk on the pier so we had to do that before we could go back to the hotel.





This pictured didn't turn out that great but it is the only one that everyone is looking at. Ryan really wanted to go to the end of the Pier but it was getting so windy so we talked him into just going halfway out.




Cameron wasn't so sure about being so high up. He liked the water but didn't want to get to close to the edge.


Ryan thought it was so cool to watch the waves and the surfers.

No comments:

Post a Comment