Saturday, November 27, 2010

Turkey Day 2010

Thanksgiving has come and gone and I figure before it is December I should post something about this Thanksgiving. Sorry no pictures I was to busy but it was a pretty good day. We had dinner at Blaine's parents when it was all said and done I think we had 27 people so you know not to many. We made food assignments the week before so we tried to make it so one person wasn't doing all the work. We had a roster turkey, pit turkey, ham, taters and gravy, fruit, veggies, stuffing, rolls, nachos, green beans with bacon, now on to pies. Pumpkin cheesecake from Cheesecake Factory (thank you Sams Club), a couple of chocolate pies, Apple 1 regular 1 sugar free, 1 Pecan, Danny even made a sugar free Pecan for Gary and he said that it was good (and people said that it couldn't be done), Cherry and of course pumpkin. I am getting hungry just typing all of this. So needles to say we had some major leftovers but that was good so everyone could take some home.
I had Blaine go and get our own paper so I could have hard copy of the ads I had been looking at them online for about a month before. Yep I did some Black Friday shopping but didn't do to much because I didn't sleep the night before at all. That is a different story that will come later.
At 10:45 we headed to Walmart because there was some stuff that went on sale at midnight that I wanted. We went to the one on Greenfield and Mckellips and I stood in front of the Wii game case till Midnight. I have done Black Friday before but I usually go to Fys Electronics and I thought that place was bad. Walmart gives a new meaning to CRAZY Black Friday shoppers. I got the couple things that went out at midnight but I wasn't going to stand in line till 5 am for the the DS that Ryan wanted. It wasn't worth saving the 30 or 40 dollars that is costs. I was out of Walmart and back to my in laws house by 12:19. Yep we spent the night at my in-laws we put the kids to bed then headed out it was so nice. We got some sleep and woke up at 6:30 and headed to Sams Club. Go what I needed there then Gary called to say that he was at Walmart on Country Club and they had the DS still. So we headed over there and they still had a dozen or so of the DS for $89.00. I am so glad that I didn't stand in line for 5 hours at the other Walmart. After Walmart I headed to the craziness of Khols. The line to check out snaked around the store and it was an hour long wait when we got in it so I put my hubby in line and I went and shopped. Nothing like being a procrastinator I had to do this because we where doing family pictures later in the afternoon and I didn't really have anything for outfits figured out so thanks honey for holding stuff and standing in line for me. All in all I have about 90% of my Christmas shopping done I am so happy about that.

No comments:

Post a Comment