Sunday, November 14, 2010

Grant Wedding


This last weekend my brother got married. I know my family gets a little or a lot confusing because I have so much of them. Long story short I met my Grant family when I was fifteen years old when I moved here to live with my grandparents. I went to a charter school where I met Mike. We started talking on an in school chat and he invited me over to his house his mom came out running with her arms out stretched and I have to admit and I do this even though I know she reads this blog sometimes and I know I have told her this before but she scared me half to death. I was a little okay a lot on the quite side at this point and this was not normal for me to have someone just come up and hug me. I guess you could say that Mike and I where like boyfriend girlfriend as much as two sheltered 15 year olds could be. I went over that day and I really have never left. They have taken me into the family like I was one of there own. during that time of my life I really didn't feel like I had much of a family and they just took me in. Don't get me wrong I love my grandparents and they have done so much for me but this was like an extension of family for me. I started calling them mom and dad and they just said that I was another one of there kids. They have done so much for me and given me experiences that I never would have had if I hadn't met them. Mike and I went though a phase where we didn't get a long for a while but we eventually got over that and he became my brother. I am so proud of Mike and the things he has overcome and accomplished in his life. He is a firefighter for the city of Maricopa and now has married a girl that is so perfect for him. Nancy is the best and comes from and awesome family from what little I have been around them they are great.










out Sisters I love this girl more than I can put into words. Growing up I have always wanted a sister and when I moved here to Arizona I got one. She is the best sister anyone could ask for and she has taught me so much. We may not be related by blood but I love her just the same. Thanks Summie for always being there for me.



Nancy and her mom just finishing up getting ready.
Nancy with her parents getting ready to walk down the isle. I got to tell her when it was time to walk down the isle I was so happy that I could be able to help that way. Nancy looks so gorges in her dress. Mike didn't see her dress until she walked down the isle it was so nice and romantic.




The ceremony was so nice



I have to say this is one of my favorite pictures of the day. Ryan just went and sat on Gpas lap. Yep Gpa was able to make it to the wedding so we where all excited.




It's official they are now husband and wife



You can see that the cake was beautiful. My mother in law makes the best cakes in the world. Nancy wanted the entire cake real but we didn't realize how heavy that would make the cake. Total this cake weighed about 150 pounds at least. Also you can see it is in front of a window then the DJ set up lights right next to it plus it was next to a door that was opened a lot. So needless to say that it started to get warm. Anyone who works with cake knows you need to keep the cake as cool as possible otherwise it starts to sweat and looses its stability. Keep in mind this is a six layer cake. Notice it was super super cute.

Had to get a cute picture of the cake topper that they had made. The mariachi band that was playing came out to find me to tell me the cake was falling. Yep the cake that was standing up and down was now leaning so bad that this cute cake topper fell off and I had to come up with a way to make sure it didn't end up on the floor. I am so happy that my mother in law has told me how to take a cake apart and watching her set them up before helped as well. I had my Gma and a lady who worked at the reception hall helping me dis mantel the cake. Yep you heard me right I took the top three layers off the cake then had to make it look somewhat presentable. So I took the cascading flowers off the other layers and covered the new top layer with flowers.


This is a really bad picture of what it turned out like I promise it looked better in person.


Now on to some super cute pictures. I asked Ryan to take some pictures and he didn't fight me and that is huge in itself especially since I said I wanted to take some of him and his brother. (plus froggie he is a member of the family two. We did leave his twin at home though so only one froggie made it to the wedding.)



I love these boys



Our attempt at a family picture. We will have to try for a better one in a few weeks but at least at this one there are no bruises on there face.




They had a really cool room for the kids with HUGE bean bag chairs a ping pong table and TV for the kids. Mike and Nancy even thought about drinks and snacks for the kids what a great idea and the kids loved it and the parents loved it because we didn't have to worry about where our kids are.



This is my adorable nephew Hudson



Huddy and I hanging out while they are taking wedding party pictures. I promise he is happy. I told him to say cheese and he is tyring to say something.







Mike and Nancy with Mom and Dad



It's a good ting Jen doesn't read my blog I don't think she would appreciate this picture. The only thing I can say is I didn't take it this was all Ryan's doing.


More to come but need to go to bed for now






1 comment:

  1. that looks like a super fun time! great job for saving the day by saving the cake!

    ReplyDelete