Friday, April 30, 2010

Easter 2010

Now this post is only 3 1/2 weeks late but oh well. Easter fell on Conference weekend this year. Blaine had clipper on Saturday so we didn't see him much. My dad came down for Cameron's birthday a few weeks before and brought a bunch of stuff from Nana for Easter for the boys. So it was like a mini Christmas for them with all the stuff they got them and the few things that we got them. I really don't remember any Easters really until my dad married Trish (aka Nana to the boys). She had a tradition of having the Easter bunny leave a trail of goodies showing us where our baskets where. I did it last year for Ryan but he really didn't care I thought this year I would try it again. I was up with Cameron at 5am that morning so I thought after I got him back to sleep that I would make sure the Easter bunny came and left a trail for the boys. It worked out really well this year and Ryan actually got excited about it. This is what our house looked like.
This is what it looked like after the bunny came to our house. Just like Christmas Ryan didn't care who brought it he just liked what was sitting in his living room. If you notice there are three trails yep the bunny even brought something for daddy.
It was funny because normally when Ryan wakes up in the morning he comes and jumps in bed with us. I had heard him open his door and he didn't come running in. He went and looked around after a minuet or two he came in and said "mommy mommy come look." We went back to his door and he started to collect all the little eggs. The nice thing is Cameron was still asleep so there was no way he was going to choke on it. Ryan thought this was pretty cool because it looked just like a carrot but then I showed him it opened up and inside was a duck he thought it was neat.
Ryan goes to music therapy on Tuesdays and his therapist name is Ryan two so ry thinks that it is neat that Mr. Ryan has the same name as him. For Christmas Mr. Ryan got all of his students Alvin and the Chipmunks the squeakquel soundtrack. Now when we are in the care we either listen to Ry's preschool cd that one of his teachers made him ,last years primary program or this years primary program CD. Ryan doesn' t like the radio he likes his CD's. So I didn't think he was going to go for this but Mr. Ryan said now number 3 is his favorite. I turn on # 3 and it's Pink. No not the real Pink but the Chipetts singing pink. All the songs on the CD are songs that you can turn on the radio and hear the only thing is it's either the chipmunks or the chipetts singing them. So you can only imagine what it is like to listen to this cd allllll the time. Thanks Mr Ryan anyway Ryan doesn't really do movies all that much we tried to take him to a movie once and it didn't go over very well. Whenever he would see a preview for the chipmunk movie I would always say we should see that and he would always say ya so for Easter I decided that I would get it for him. Don't worry it's still sitting in it's package on our TV stand. Someday we will watch it.
Eventually Cameron woke up and he thought that it was pretty cool all of the stuff that he got. I think I am going to get in trouble for this one. I had to do it. Nope he doesn't look like a girl at all. I love the bruise on his forehead he is was still trying to get the crawling down now he was a pro and yes I need a girl don't you think.
Yes we did make it out to our little girls grave. The turquoise flowers where already there from her birthday in January but they haven't faded so I just added a couple of yellow ones for some more color. Ryan wanted to put the vase in all on his own sorry for the shadow but he was so excited to do it.

Blaine ended up having to help a little.


It looks great now I just wish the grass grew better.

Next post Easter egg hunt hopefully I can get that done before next Easter.

No comments:

Post a Comment