Friday, April 22, 2011

Island Fest 2011




This year was my first Island Fest. I have been helping with the PTO in setting stuff up and part of the finishing touches. I got to make sure that all of the booths had places for the tickets some of the cans I had to re-do but for the most part it was cleaning out bugs from the cans then taking them back to the school. The night of Island fest I had my Gma come help me because I don't have Blaine at night and I had to work at one of the booths for an hour. Each of the grades had a booth. The Kindergartners had a duck pond and you had to catch a little duck and then you got a prize. Ryan's class got to make part of the decorations so he was showing that off. They had 6 different bounce type things. Two smaller ones for little kids an huge double slide a Jurassic Climbing running thing an obstacle course race bouncer and this Spider man 40ft climb up and slide down thing from Hell. You can tell I don't like that one. I was working the novelty shop and Ryan really wanted to do the huge slide. I said that was fine Gma took him over there and stood in line with him for an hour not sure how Cameron let them but anyway. I get a call towards the end of my shift saying Ryan is stuck you need to come get him. So I run over to the spider man ride and Ryan is on like the 3rd level stuck and crying. The guy didn't even see him stuck so I went around and told him that I need to get up to my kid. Well I thought that would be no problem boy was I wrong. Now the side of it was this web thing that you had to get 40ft in the air then you could make it to the slide. You know the webbing that they have at McDonald's is tight and you can step on it and it's not problem. Not this one it was elastic and would spread apart make you do the splits. I get to Ryan and he has one of the straps wrapped around his arm and somehow he had his neck caught in it. I was ready to freak out but had to stay calm so that what little footing he had he didn't loose fall and really hang himself. I finally got him loose and said that we needed to go down but he kept crying saying that he wanted to keep going. Seriously I got some strength that I didn't know I had because it was one of the hardest things I have ever had to do. Pushing him up and then trying to get my big self up there. We finally made it to the top and the slide was cool and fast BUT that was crazy hard. They really should of had an age limit or better supervising or something. I was so mad and still pretty upset about it. Ryan ended up having nightmares that night and was up a couple of times cuz he was stuck. Poor kid over all it was a good night and we had an awesome turn out. We have another PTO meeting coming up in a couple of weeks so I will defiantly be bringing this up because I know my kid is not the only one who got stuck in this particular ride. I helped clean up and we didn't get done till 10:30 good thing is we got passes to the Fire Hall of Fame that we won in the raffle that we will go do sometime this summer when it is super hot outside.
I HATE THIS THING it took me a week to be able to walk agian and I am still having problems with my back.

No comments:

Post a Comment