Monday, May 17, 2010

Water Day

This year was the first year I was able to make it out to Ryan's school for WATER DAY. This first year I was prego and didn't want to go out in the sun. The next year I was working, One year I think I forgot no wait I had a newborn so I was determined to go this year. A couple days before water day we headed for Old Navy so Ry could pick out some new swimming stuff. A couple pairs of shorts and a swimming shirt so I didn't have to worry about sun screen at school. That afternoon while we where waiting for the bus I had a horrible migraine starting.
This is Ryan and is friend Ashton
I told Ryan that I might not be able to come to his school today for water day. Then the guilt trip started. "but mom you have to come to my school to take pictures of me." So I said we will see. The bus got there and and as he was walking on to the bus he said "okay mom see you soon to take pictures." Well I had to go. I loaded up on Excedrin and headed off to the school with Cameron in hand. We got there a little after 2:00 and got to see him running around like a crazy man. Ryan running through the sprinklers
After a while it seemed like things where getting crowded so his teacher went and got a hose and put it on the the little playground so just his class could play.

This is Ryan and his teacher Ms. Mary
Luckily there was shade so I could stand under it. Oh ya back story: the day before we had been at the Gila Valley Temple open house and even though we where only outside for a max of 15min I got FRIED.
Ryan and his friend Vance have been in the same class since the beginning.
The sun and I don't get along very well. So I was pretty sunburned and that was the cause of my migraine. When I get sunburned I get sick like sick sick in bed sick so I really try to stay out of the sun.
Vance getting Ryan
Blaine didn't want me to go to water day because he thought I would get more burnt and get really really sick. So that is why I was happy to find shade. Ms Mary and Ryan spraying the water
Cameron did pretty good. He was starting to get hot and jealous that he couldn't go and run in the water. They had snow cones for all the kids for snack. It was starting be the time to get ready to go home so I just took Ryan home with me so he didn't have to ride the bus for 45 minuets. His school is right behind Red Mountain High school but he has a 45 minuet ride each way.
I have to say all in all I am glad that I toughed it out and went because he was so excited to see us there and show off his water day.

No comments:

Post a Comment