Thursday, May 13, 2010

Gila Valley Temple

A friend of mine on Facebook took this picture and I stole it off her page. I just thought that it was such a good picture.

Wednesday May 5th Blaine took the day off and we went with my grandparents up to Thatcher to see the Gila Valley Temple. We left the valley around 9:00 and our tickets where for 1:00ish. Surprisingly enough the boys did pretty good. Ryan loved going through the tunnel and going on the big bridge. He watched a couple of movies and was fine. Cameron did good only got mad once on the way up. Good news since we are going to dive to Colorado next month it gives up hope. Traffic was a little crazy but we got there around 12:30 and went to the chapel next door to see the movie that they have for you to watch before you went through the Temple. I went to the Snowflake Temple open house and stood in line FOREVER the ticket thing sounded dumb at first but it was very nice being able just to walk right in watch the presentation go through the temple and be done a lot sooner. My grandparents also went and brought a long a friend from there ward. Before you go into the temple they but little booties over your shoes to keep the carpet clean. I new Ryan wasn't going to go for that and as soon as he realized what everyone was in line for the freak out started. The little old lady put the shoes on my feet and next to her was an open chair so I sat Ryan down and pulled out a clean pair of socks from the diaper bag. I told the lady that they are clean and that he won't put the booties on he is Autistic and just to leave him alone. She did no problem no questions asked. It took Ryan a couple of minuets to calm down but he did. Cameron did pretty good until we got to the baptismal font. First Ryan thought that it was cool to see the big cows (I told them they where oxen) he said it was very pretty. Cameron wanted so bad to get in the water. Cameron loooooves the bathtub so he thought he had hit the jackpot with finding a huge bathtub he was wanting down and letting everyone in the room know it. Our Eternal Family (it was a little bright outside)

My gpa was in his electric wheelchair and did pretty good. There are some tight corners to maneuver around so that made life interesting. All in all it was a good trip and the boys did really good. I am so glad that Blaine was able to go with us not only because I don't think I could have handled both kids on my own but even though it wasn't a dedicated temple yet there is something special being in a temple with you entire family. That won't happen again for our family for a while or at least we go to another open house.My Grandparents
My Grandparents and there friend from the ward Pat
Ryan is such a good helper pushing gpa along

After the open house we went to a very yummy Mexican restaurant called Casa Manana. I wish they had one down here. I went to EA after I got out of high school. Man a lot has changed up there in the past 10 years go figure. The boys did really good waiting for our food. We had a little bit of a wait because they where so packed.
I think we went though 6 or seven bowls of chips but everyone stayed happy.Cameron playing patty cake with gma Bird.

1 comment:

  1. What a cool experience! By the way I LOVE the picture of your boys at the top of the page...so cute!!!

    ReplyDelete