Friday, December 12, 2014

4th Grade Field Trip

I was able to be a chaperone on the 4th grade field trip to the Arizona-Sonora Desert Museum. It was a very long day but it was fun and I actually did learn something. We we had 5 kids in our group Ryan and his friend James where in my group. One of the main jobs was I had to sit next to Ryan on the bus. He told his teacher Ms. Pope he wanted to sit next to her however she didn't want to hear the play by play of every freeway we would go on.
This all happened the Thursday after my super crazy weekend but I was still happy to be going with this kid. With new rules from the school district you can't take school buses out of the county lines so they had to get charter buses.

The three 4th grade classes where split into 3 groups and our group had the change to go to the class first. We learned that the Sonora dessert takes in part of Mexico. We learned about turtles and why they can't leave their shells, we where able to see a Red Tailed Hawk.

After he took the hawk out of the cage it almost pooped on a group of girls. It was funny to see how fast those girls moved.
Ryan actually wanted to get a picture like the other kids where doing. He was very scared at first and almost backed out but I was proud of him for doing it anyway. We got back to the school right around 4:30. All in all it was a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment